About

Do you need a way to find good new music regardless of genre? You have come to the right place!! Follow my Spotify playlists for the most up to date music. I have two playlists that I update frequently. My two playlists are called, "New Favorite Songs" and "Newly Discovered Songs". New Favorite Songs are the best of the best songs I recently love and are worthy of being added to my favorite songs. These songs come from my newly discovered songs playlist. My newly discovered songs playlist is comprised of all the new songs that I have discovered and like regardless of genre. Some of these songs are good enough to make my New Favorite Songs playlists and some aren't but regardless I have put them onto my new discovered songs playlists because they are still good songs. I hope you enjoy them as well.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A look back to music in 2010 post #1

I really enjoyed the last year in music. 2010 was a year that was influenced and driven by pop. The events that changed and shaped music this year were plentiful and the following are some of the major events and memories of 2010 music:

Glee shines as they surpass the Beatles to have the most appearances on the hot 100 by a non-solo act.


Michael Lives On through his music and I love it!


Nashville is hit with a major flood.

Only one rock band will hit the hot 100 top 10, Train, with "Hey, Soul Sister."

Lady gaga has a monster year

Bieber Takeover. Need I say more except that even 3 year olds cry over him.

Taylor Swift sells 1,047,000 copies in one week with the CD "Speak Now". It is the only CD to sell one million in 2010. The last CD to sell at least a million was in 2008 by Lil Wayne, "Tha Carter III". I must also say that the record is still held by Nsync's, "No Strings Attached" with 2,416,000 sold.

picture by Ed Rode/Nashville Rising/Getty Images for Nashville Rising

Kesha is for real and not fading.

Rihanna stays Hot!

Eminem's "Recovery" was the most sold album of the year.
Ten Grammy nominations and 3.42 million albums sold don't lie -- Eminem owned 2010.

We are the world is remade for Haiti


DJ Earworm pop 2010


The Top Albums in 2010 by Critics Choice (That I Enjoy)
Drake, "Thank Me Later"


LCD Soundsystem, "This Is Happening"


Mumford & Sons, "Sigh No More"


Arcade Fire, "The Suburbs"


Artists Favorite Albums



Music Viral Video's

Taiwanese Lin Yu Chun Sings "I Will Always Love You" LIVE


OK Go - This Too Shall Pass


Greyson Chance Singing Paparazzi


Bed Intruder Song


Other Interesting Stats and music Info
Check out the following links:
Top Tours

Top Artists

Top Songs

Most of the information I got came form billboard.com and the following links:

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/2010-in-music-the-year-that-went-pop-100 4134336.story

http://www.billboard.com/news/shania-twain-marries-on-new-year-s-day-1004137646.story#/news/the-top-25-music-moments-of-2010-1004135040.story

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/top-20-viral-videos-of-2010-1004134339.story?page=2

No comments:

Post a Comment