About

Do you need a way to find good new music regardless of genre? You have come to the right place!! Follow my Spotify playlists for the most up to date music. I have two playlists that I update frequently. My two playlists are called, "New Favorite Songs" and "Newly Discovered Songs". New Favorite Songs are the best of the best songs I recently love and are worthy of being added to my favorite songs. These songs come from my newly discovered songs playlist. My newly discovered songs playlist is comprised of all the new songs that I have discovered and like regardless of genre. Some of these songs are good enough to make my New Favorite Songs playlists and some aren't but regardless I have put them onto my new discovered songs playlists because they are still good songs. I hope you enjoy them as well.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moves Like Jagger a Great Hit

I have been out of the loop on music for the past bit. I have really missed diving deep to find cool new music. I decided this was a great week to get back into the swing of things and hopefully I can keep a weekly post up for the next little bit.
Enough chat...lets get into my picks for this week.

Alternative
Besides this being a very odd music video I like the interesting sound of the lead singers voice. It is scratchy and yet sort of annoying sounding but I like it.
Grouplove- Colours

Country
This isn't the typical country song that I like but I was drawn to it for some reason. I think it is because it takes me back to the way pure country sounds with a twangy voice and a lap steel guitar/slide guitar.
Ashton Shepherd- Where Country Grows


Hot/Mod/AC
My favorite song of the week. I have always liked Adam Levine's style and this song confirms that I still dig his music. It is a catchy song and I imagine we will hear it played again...and again...and again..and you get my point.
Maroon 5- Moves like Jagger ft. Christina Aguliera

Rock
This song has a great intro. I like how this song because it shows a softer side of Papa Roach.
Papa Roach- No Matter What

Top 40/M
One of if not the best voice to come out of a reality music competition. If they can find a way to truly utilize his voice with great catchy songs then he will be able to warm the crazy storm that the music industry is. This song is a good start but I do prefer his remake of Coldplay's song Fix You.
Javier Colon- Stitch by Stitch

Top 40/R
I like this song but it isn't amazing. This song will obviously catch fire because it has J Bieber in it and just his name alone is enough to make anything sell. I do like the song however but I don't think it is either of their best songs.
Chris Brown- Next To You (f. Justin Bieber)

Triple A
This was the hardest genre for me this week. There was a lot of songs that I liked and it was hard to narrow it down to one song. I first narrowed it down to three and thos three are:
Jesse Harris- The Secret Sun
Colbie Caillat- Brighter Than The Sun
Zee Avi- The Book Of Morris Johnson
After much thinking I had to give this weeks Tripla A winner to Jesse Harris and only because has accomplished a lot and is starting to be a great meantor to others in the triple a genre.
Jesse Harris- The Secret Sun

Alternative
Grouplove- Colours


Country
Ashton Shepherd- Where Country Grows


Hot/Mod/AC
Maroon 5- Moves like Jagger ft. Christina Aguliera


Rock
Papa Roach- No Matter What


Top 40/M
Javier Colon- Stitch by Stitch


Top 40/R
Chris Brown- Next To You (f. Justin Bieber)


Triple A
Jesse Harris- The Secret Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment